You can see many signposts that tell you how to live a healthy life. Sometimes the signs seem to point in opposite directions. Dr. Raymond Wayne Whitted and his staff can help you navigate the confusion.
Dr. Whitted's diverse educational background makes him especially sensitive to the extensive needs of today's women in an ever changing healthcare environment.
MD, with honors, Loma Linda University School of Medicine: 1984
MPH, Health Administration, Loma Linda University School of Public Health: 1979
BS, Cum Laude, Nursing, Southern College, Tennessee, 1976
- Abnormal Paps Smears (Human Papilloma Virus)
- Diplomate, American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology, 1990, 2000
- Advanced Laparoscopy and Hysteroscopy
- Menopause Clinician
- Advanced Colposcopy
- Clinical Bone Densitometry
- Wartime Surgical Management
- Advanced Human Subjects Research
- Assistant Professor of Gynecology, University of Miami School of Medicine
- Director of Minimally Invasive Surgery (UM)
- Director of Gynecology (UM)
- Chief, Dept. of OB/GYN, Bitburg USAF Hospital, Bitburg, Germany
- Private Practice gynecology, San Antonio, Texas
- ER/CCUMCU and administrative nursing
Everyone is confronted with difficult health decisions at one time or another. you'll want your doctor to have the knowledge and experience to guide you safely through the decision-making process.
Noted member, author, and speaker...Committed to providing the best of the latest medical advances, Dr. Whitted is a current member (or has been a member) of many prestigious medical Organizations.
- Fellow, American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists
- Advanced member, American College of Physician Executives
- National Medical Honor Society
- American Association of Gynecologic Laparoscopists
- Society of Laparoendoscopic Surgeons
- North American Menopause Society
- Society of Urogynecologists
- American Society of Colposcopy and Cervical Pathology
He also contributes to the advancement of medical knowledge in writing, research and, through lecture.
Hundreds of presentations nationally and internationally on topics of laparoscopy, hysteroscopy, vaginal surgery, menopause, contraception, breast cancer, endometrial ablation.
Over 20 publications of research in menopause, laparoscopy, hysteroscopy, vaginal surgery, infertility, contraception, pelvic prolapse, and incontinence.
Setting the standard for high quality of healthcare, Dr. Whitted is an active researcher, innovator, and educator. He was chosen as an Olympic Torchbearer in 2001 because of his dedication to women's healthcare.
Recognized researcher, innovator, and educator Dr. Whitted has been principle investigator of many national research projects. He has created tools to assist in improving women's healthcare, and trains other physicians in gynecologic surgery.
- Alternative therapies in menopause
- Vaginal Surgery
- Menopause Risk Assessment
- Laparoscopic Knot pusher
- Laparoscopic training platform
- Laparoscopic skills training set
- Director, CME programs in menopause
- Director, Laparoscopic/Hysteroscopic training
- Grand Rounds speaker
- Research presenter at National/International conferences
Committee Member and Consultant
- Steering committees in surgical training
- CME meeting session moderators
- National menopause scientific advisory board
- Consultant to surgical industry